Learn more about your bike by attending our hands-on bicycle maintenance seminar.
It's informal and informative! In this three-hour seminar you will learn how to maintain your bike. We'll give you valuable tips to help you tackle emergency repairs out on the road and trail too. The bicycle maintenance seminars are usually held on Thursday evenings of selected months during the year. All courses are held at Renegade Cycles and cost $99 per person. Many of our seminars are sponsored by local councils meaning that participants can attend these particular seminars free of charge or at discounted rates.
In addition to the three-hour seminar you will receive:
- Course notes to take away with you.
- A voucher enabling you to buy maintenance related products at discounted prices.
- A light supper and refreshments.
We use our bikes here in the shop so you don't need to bring your bike. We do recommend that you leave your best clothes at home. Many aspects of the seminar are hands-on.
At the end of the evening you will have covered:
- Adjusting brake pads, brake balance and brake cable tension.
- Types of valves and common punctures encountered
- Changing an inner tube
- Tyre inflation
- Removing and reinstalling a rear wheel
- Cleaning your drive train (chain, cassette, chainrings, jockey wheels)
- Chain lubricants
- Adjusting your front and rear derailleurs including alignment, limits and cable tension
Each bicycle maintenance seminar is limited to 8 participants and bookings are necessary. Payment is required at the time of booking. (We can take credit cards over the phone.) If we don't achieve the minimum of 4 participants in any given month, you will get the choice of enrolling in the following seminar or receiving a full refund. The seminars run from 6.00pm to 9.00pm.
We have run over 160 of these seminars. Based on participants' surveys they remain hugely popular and worthwhile. We hope you will join us at our next seminar.
| Next Seminar
|| To Book
26 March 2020 6-9pm
|Willoughby Council has sponsored this seminar for people who live in the
suburbs comprising the Willoughby local government area. The course is
limited to 8 participants and only those who have booked may attend. You
can book this seminar through Willoughby Council only.
||Go to the Willoughby Council website to book.